13 Steps to Get Started in the All In Community
Get started on All In with these quick and easy to follow videos, created by the HealthDoers community team. There is no audio – no need to find your headphones. Follow these steps and you’ll be a community super user in no time at all. We have also created resources to help you along the way, you can access them in our “Resources” folder. If you have questions at anytime use the chat feature in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (see #13) to contact our team.
1. Set up your profile picture – putting a face to your name establishes a sense of community and trust.
Adding a profile picture is easy to do and a powerful way to connect with others. To add a profile picture to your HealthDoers profile navigate to your profile, select “Change Profile Photo”, select an image from your computer, upload, crop, and save.
2. Tell us about yourself! Add your contact information and a bit about your work in your profile
Add contact information to your profile by navigating to your profile, select edit and then be sure to complete all required fields and save. The more details you include in your profile the easier it will be for others in the community to connect and collaborate with you.
3. Stop by the Open Forum and join the discussion. Learn to reply below.
Join the conversation by navigating to the Open Forum (Forums-> Open Forum-> Select a Topic). You can reply to any topic by clicking on “Reply” in the comments thread.
4. Have something new to add? Want to share your work? Start a new thread!
In any forum you can start a new discussion by selecting the orange “Create New Topic” button. You’ll be prompted to add a subject, text, and any attachments that you would like to add. (See #5 to learn about attachments) You will click submit and it will be added to the discussion board.
5. Attach a resource, or two.
If you are replying to a discussion or starting a new discussion you can add an attachment: Select “browse”, select a file from your computer, click on open, and then the document will be attached to your post. Be sure to click submit to complete your post.
6. Or upload it to our library.
All In has a rich Resource Library. If you would like to add to it use the Resource Library tab at the top of the page and select “Create New Doc.” Next you will be prompted to add a title and descriptive information about the document. You will then select “Add Files” to select the document from your computer. Be sure to change the access permissions to “Logged- In Users”. You can create a new folder or add your document to an existing folder. Click “Save” to complete the process.
7. Made a mistake? That’s okay, we all do. Edit your post.
Editing a post is easy on HealthDoers. Navigate to the post that you made and select edit. You will then be able to edit your post and select save.
8. Search for a document, person, or conversation. Apply filters and find what you need to accelerate your work.
You can access the search bar from any page on HealthDoers. Select the search icon at the top of the page, type in your search query and hit enter. Your search results will populate and you can filter by members, topics, replies, or documents.
9. Use the Directory to search for people and projects. Be sure to click the follow button to stay current on their activity.
Connecting with other HealthDoers is an essential function of the All In Community. Select the Directory tab at the top of the page to navigate to the member directory. From here you can search for a specific member in the search bar or use the drop down to sort alphabetically or by last active. You can click on a HealthDoers name to navigate to their profile and learn more about them. Be sure to click on “Follow” to stay current with other HealthDoers.
10. Join your project group
Each project has their own profile and group where members of the project can collaborate and where others can learn about the great work being done across the country. If you’re part of a project and would like to be made a group admin so you can add events and fellow team members, let us know by using the chat feature in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
11. Find events in-person and online. Get details and register – don’t forget to post your take aways in the forum! (See #3)
Use the Events Calendar to find virtual and in-person events. Events will be displayed both in a list and a calendar. You can click on an event to learn more and to navigate to their registration page. If you have an event that you would like added to the calendar let us know by posting it in the “Share Your Event” thread in the Open Forum.
12. Want more emails? Want less emails? We've got you covered. Customize how you receive notifications.
13. If you need to contact our team for any reason use the direct chat feature. Someone will connect with you as soon as possible.
From any page on All In you can connect with our team by using the direct chat feature in the bottom right corner. Someone from our team will respond as soon as they can.